Subject: Re: access to external proms for PCI
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/13/2005 08:20:47
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

>In article <439E368B.3040604@tadpole.com>
>garrett_damore@tadpole.com wrote:
>

>>boolean_t pci_rom_copy(
>>    pci_chipset_tag_t, pcitag_t, uint32_t *dest, int cnt);
>>

>- shouldn't dest be (void *) rather than (uint32_t *)?

I was going to copy 32-bits at a time, but I can make it a void * if
that is preferable.

>- cnt should be size_t, or at least unsinged.

OK, I agree with that.  size_t is better.

>- an offset arg is not needed?

Hmmm... I don't need it for my use, but mostly because I figured that
the expansion roms would be small enough to just copy the whole thing
(these have to fit in PC BIOS after all, so 64K is typically the largest.)

I can add the offset arg easily enough though.

    -- Garrett

--
Garrett D'Amore                          http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Sr. Staff Engineer          Extending the Power of 64-bit UNIX Computing