Subject: Re: twe status queries?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/03/2005 12:21:43
On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 08:45:15PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> It's frustrating that we don't have drivers for many of the new storage
> cards that look "like" -- but aren't quite -- SCSI host adapters.  One
> reason for this is that in the past, we shared a lot of drivers with
> FreeBSD, but with their switch to CAM it's a lot harder to do that (there
> were, really, only two or three new SCSI host adapter designs in the
> many years after the switch).

How difficult if the people involved in past CAM driver ports
would put up a description of changes involved in the port?

It would surely help other developers with not so intimate
knowledge of SCSI subsystem to understand the steps involved
and eventually do the initial port.

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-