Subject: Re: Getting rid of /dev/veriexec
To: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/02/2005 17:04:00
--qLni7iB6Dl8qUSwk

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:51:09PM +0200, Elad Efrat wrote:
> Jason Thorpe wrote:
>=20
> > As you said before, there is really no change to veriexec here except=
=20
> > for "sysctl entry point vs device entry point".  Since both choices  are
> > basically non-optimal, I don't see any real benefit to changing=20
> > veriexec at this time, since you're just trading one ugly solution  for
> > another.
>=20
> While there is no change to the end-user here, I *still* think that
> sysctl is a more logical place to have these hooks in.

And I *still* don't see any answer to my post in this thread (and my
comments elsewhere...) about compatibility with previous releases.

What I see here is that you're proposing a cosmetic change at the cost
of breaking compatibility.  I see _very little_ gain in that.

--=20

--qLni7iB6Dl8qUSwk

--qLni7iB6Dl8qUSwk--