Subject: Re: if_de vs. if_tlp
To: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/25/2005 09:32:19
Michael van Elst wrote:

>thorpej@shagadelic.org (Jason Thorpe) writes:
>

>>The DE425 EISA controller is supported by if_tlp_eisa.c ... we should
>>just remove if_de.c at this point.
>>

>What about an ACCTON EN1207?  So far the card only works with the de driver.

That's pretty surprising.  Its seems like the logic to handle this board
could easily be incorporated into the tulip driver.  (It looks like it
has some special media detection -- I guess they have a custom PHY setup.)

--
Garrett D'Amore                          http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Sr. Staff Engineer          Extending the Power of 64-bit UNIX Computing