Subject: Re: umass woe: sd0(umass0:0:0): readonly device & drive offline
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/18/2005 08:39:06
On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 05:55:13PM -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> 	I thought someone said earlier in this thread that the device
> in question stops responding when you send it the door lock command.

Well, it does that with our current driver, but it's not clear who is at
fault. I find it very hard to believe that a device crashes on a
command it does not understand (but of course it is not impossible).

As Charles noted when he removed most of the quirks - they usually worked
around bugs in our code, not broken devices. I'd like to see a proper
analyzis here before we reinstantiate dubios stuff we already removed
once.

Martin