Subject: crcmp(), once again
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
Date: 11/17/2005 22:20:21
I just looked at the kernel source, and the crcmp() function has not yet
disappeared, although I think it should. These are the reasons:
- It is unclear why it is necessary at all.
- It is only used in one place:
- It is the only reason for sorting group lists
when they enter the kernel via setgroups(),
which itself is considered unwanted.
- Removing it would make grsortu() superfluous.
- It has a big FIXME comment.
If any of these statements are wrong, please correct me.
If anyone can tell me why this function is necessary, even better.
Please do so.