Subject: PR 32072 showstopper for 3.0?
To: None <>
From: Peter Bex <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/17/2005 11:36:40

Hello list,

Since I started using -current a week ago, I am experiencing occasional
seemingly random crashes caused by the NFS client code.  I am not sure
if this bug exists under 3.0 as well, but I think it's important this bug
is fixed before 3.0 is released.  Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the
crash at will.  It happens when an NFS volume is mounted, but I'm not
sure when exactly.

The bug is reported under PR 32072, and I can send kernel & coredump to
anyone who is interested in debugging it.  I tried debugging it myself,
but it is too deep in parts of the kernel I'm not familiar with, so I
thought I'd let you know before 3.0 is released with this.

							-- Donald Knuth