Subject: bus_dmamap errors....
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/16/2005 19:47:36
Hey,

I'm testing if_bge on my new Alchemy PCI code, and I'm getting some
interesting errors.  One is a panic in bus_dmamap_sync, due to the len
argument being zero.  This is an #ifdef DIAGNOSTIC check in the MIPS
bus_dma implementation.

So, either bge is doing something bad and calling this with a zero
length, or the bus_dma implementation is broken because a zero length is
legal.

So, which is it?  Which place do I fix?  The man page was not helpful in
clearing up what the valid inputs are.

--
Garrett D'Amore                          http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Sr. Staff Engineer          Extending the Power of 64-bit UNIX Computing