Subject: Re: umass woe: sd0(umass0:0:0): readonly device & drive offline
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/15/2005 23:40:57
In message <20051116020750.GD17325@netbsd.org>Bill Studenmund writes
[...]

>Your camera is using a different definition of removable, because you can
>unhook the whole SCSI device from the computer. Unfortunately that's not
>what the SCSI spec meant...
>
>Take care,
>
>Bill

Bill,
Per Hubert's later reply, and at the risk of bodily mayhem (morituri te salutant):

	Oh, RL02, RL02, wherefore art thou RL02?
		(-- apologies to Mr. Wm.  Shakespeare)

sorry, "we are experiencing technical problems service will be resumed as
soon as possible" following restoration of the _status quo ante_ circa
1992. (Is that right? When _did ANSI T.10 ratify SCSI-2?)

Obsurantism aside, in what decade is living the decison-maker who
rejected a quirk for the reported post-Deluvium artifact?