Subject: Re: umass woe: sd0(umass0:0:0): readonly device & drive offline
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/15/2005 00:36:05
simonb@wasabisystems.com (Simon Burge) writes:

>Hubert- does the device come with its own Windows drivers, or do you
>know if the windows copes on its own?  Also, do we know if Linux has
>quirks to support this?  It would be great not to need the quirk,
>but if there's really nothing we can do that I'm more than happy to
>live with it.

Linux sends the prevent/allow command but simply ignores failures.
It also seems to handle the resulting USB failure from my MP3 player
better.

WinME (and probably other Windows versions) can access the MP3 player
with its native "USB mass storage" driver. I don't know wether it
uses the prevent/allow command.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de