Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/miscfs/genfs
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Love <lha@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/14/2005 17:24:36
--=-=-=

YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp> writes:

>> Will this change make is impossible for filesystem that are not backed by a
>> device to use genfs ? Or will those filesystem have to set devvp to itself
>> in VOP_BMAP and then catch VOP_STRATEGY (just like today).
>
> the latter.

thanks

>> I use genfs for arla/nnpfs.
>
> if it uses genfs in the same way as nfs, it should work.

it uses genfs the say way as nfs, but unfortunately it uses the device vp
instead of the vnode vp. a version bump would have been good, but I guess
I'll survive anyway given a new release of arla should be out soon and the
using the vnode vp on older netbsd should work too.

Love

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--