Subject: Re: Introducing environment in autoconf(9)
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/12/2005 00:54:28
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 08:19:14PM +0100, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> We currently have code (under PCI_INTR_FIXUP) that looks up the _PRT
> tables for each PCI bus and tries to apply it.  However, this is done
> completely wrong.

You are using a lot of ACPI specific terms that probably do not make much
sense to lots of people on this list (for sure *I* do not know what _PRT
is, for example). My first reaction on reading this is that you probably
could solve the problems by using device properties (as uwe hinted) and
getting some things into the correct order in i386/amd64 machdep PCI code.

Could you explain why you need to move ACPI information into environment
variables only to extract them later? Can't you just use the ACPI information
when you need it?

Martin