Subject: Re: Introducing environment in autoconf(9)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/11/2005 23:19:12
--eDB11BtaWSyaBkpc

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 11:27:38PM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 20:19:14 +0100, Quentin Garnier wrote:
>=20
> > Environment variables are strings associated to a void * value,
> > which can be NULL.  There can be multiple occurrences of a variable
> > (I will go back to that later).
>=20
> BTW, have you had a look at sys/properties.h, and is there a chance to
> unify it and your proposed API?

The key difference here is that the environment variables are
essentially object-less, i.e. they get associated to an object only when
said object discovers it needs the property.

All operations could be done on a constant object, say 0, but then I
lose the ability to have duplicated properties.  It should be doable,
though.

--=20

--eDB11BtaWSyaBkpc

--eDB11BtaWSyaBkpc--