Subject: Re: yamt-vop branch
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/06/2005 01:16:34
--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 09:09:17PM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:03:45 -0700
> jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca (John Nemeth) wrote:
> >      What about CD-RW (i.e. using a CD as a big floppy the way it is
> > done on Windows systems)?  Does that use the iso9660 filesystem?
>
> I think it's UDF not ISO9660.

if you mean DirectCD and InCD, yes its UDF. There might be support for
writing MSDOS filingsystems on CD-RW, but i've never seen it. On a CD-MRW
it could technically be possible to even put FFS on it though our code
doesn't allow it.

DirectCD (they market it under Drag2Disc now IMDR) can also create a
ISO9660 filingsystem as a piggyback on UDF.

Support for reading and writing UDF is currently in my
pkgsrc/misc/udfclient package and full fledged kernel read and write
support is a work in progress; can't give a deadline though vfsops didn't
take apalling long to develop, its not writing yet and the vnops are not
even started on.

Cheers,
Reinoud

--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO