Subject: map user memory in kernel
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/05/2005 07:57:40
Hi

In order to fully implement Linux futex(2) in COMPAT_LINUX, I must be
able to have user processes sleep and wakeup (the futex system call is
here to provide the sleep and wakeup facility) on userland addresses.
The thing must work for different userland addresses corresponding to
the same memory mapped in different processes.

I assume that I'd have the thing done by mapping the userland memory
in kernel address space and relying on the kernel address to sleep.
Does that look reasonnable?

If it does, how do I map a user memory page in kernel?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org