Subject: kern_prot.c, crcmp()
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/03/2005 12:08:03
Hi,

the function crcmp() in kern_prot.c still contains a big FIXME comment,
indicating that the comparison of group lists may fail even if the group
lists are equivalent. Christos has added a function grsortu() that sorts
the group lists when they are set using setgroups().

How can we assure that every group list that is used in the kernel is
appropriately sorted? Some kind of check_grsortu() that prints a warning
everytime an unsorted group list is found? If this is reasonable, where
should that function be called?

I don't know the whole kernel, but this should be fixed, maybe even
before the 3.0 release.

Roland