Subject: Re: yamt-vop branch
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/29/2005 12:03:45
On Mar 21,  4:47am, Chuck Silvers wrote:
} On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 12:22:32AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
} > > I looked at the changes, I have just a few comments:
} >
} > thanks.
} >
} > > cd9660_setattr
} > > 	should just return EOPNOTSUPP immediately, the extra checks are silly.
} >
} > i thought it's written in the manner to support r/w support in future.
} > isn't it the case?
}
} written to support only truncation in the future?  that seems silly too.
} if someone ever tries to add any writability to this file system
} (which seems very unlikely, since the disk format is not at all conducive
} to modification on the fly), they can update this function to do the
} right thing for whatever types of modification he adds.

     What about CD-RW (i.e. using a CD as a big floppy the way it is
done on Windows systems)?  Does that use the iso9660 filesystem?

}-- End of excerpt from Chuck Silvers