Subject: Re: OHCI question...
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@brains.co.jp>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/27/2005 20:24:03
Masao Uebayashi wrote:

>Hi!  We have a similar patch for MPC5200 in a local tree, where
>registers are big-endian.

Is it just the registers, or is it also the data structures in host
memory?  If it is just the registers, then one can provide an alternate
bus_space implementation.

My part is the Alchemy part, and the various OHCI data structures in
host memory are *also* big-endian (if the processor is in big-endian
mode), which is what causes the pain.

>>1) add logic to ohci.c to support run-time conditionalized byte
>>swapping.  Probably via a function pointer in the softc, this would
>>work, but might be a little bit slower.  (I'd conditionalize this
>>support via a new OHCI_NATIVE_ORDER or somesuch.)
>>

>I'm in favor of this approach.

Thank-you.  I'm interested to see what other folks think, too.  If it is
generally agreed upon, then I'll submit a patch to do this.

    -- Garrett