Subject: Re: FreeBSD 5/6/7 kernel emulator for NetBSD 2.x
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/26/2005 17:10:42
> (Well, I've seen glitches on ancient systems where /dev/null got
> turned into a regular file, leading to amusing messages about
> "/dev/null: no space left on device"...)

It's impressive how many things break under such circumstances, and
somewhat amazing the bizarre ways they break.  I once had that happen
to a SunOS system under my care, and it took *hours* to track it down;
one of the oddest symptoms was eventually traced to a program having
its input redirected from /dev/null - and getting stuff.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign