Subject: Re: FreeBSD 5/6/7 kernel emulator for NetBSD 2.x
To: Hans Petter Selasky <>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/26/2005 10:22:52

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 10:35:47PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Main features:
> - Implements FreeBSD's devfs on NetBSD.

In the past, we (NetBSD folks) have talked about a devfs. One issue that=20
has come up (I'll be honest, I've raised it a lot) is a desire to retain=20
permission changes across boots, and to tie devices (when possible) to a=20
device-specific attribute rather than a probe order.

Does FreeBSD's devfs support locators and persistent information? Are=20
there plans to support something like that, if not?

Take care,