Subject: Re: 3.0_BETA: xi* and setting media types
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Tonnerre LOMBARD <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/26/2005 02:04:36

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 08:14:35PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 06:16:48PM +0200, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
> > [...]
> >=20
> > Ok, it seems that the icsphy has stopped attaching to xi0. Any ideas why
> > that could be?
> >=20
> > Am I talking to myself? ;)
> A dmesg would help understanding what's going on

My dmesg is basically identical with the one posted by Nicolas Joly. I
don't have that laptop here right now, but it was basically:

 * 2.0:
   - xi0 at pci
   - icsphy at xi0's mii
   - card works when one forces 10baseT, otherwise it times out

 * 3.0_BETA:
   - xirc0 at pci
   - xi0 at xirc0
   - _NO_ phy whatsoever
   - card doesn't work even when forced into 10baseT
   - 10baseT had to be reimplemented, otherwise you get EINVAL when trying
     to change the media type

I'm not sure where the icsphy went. It's not disabled in the config.

Also, sorry for my earlier half-finished posting, it's late at night... ;)