Subject: MPC8245 DMA controller driver
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Chanyoun Park <phygeeks@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/19/2005 17:00:56
Hi. I'm trying to use the embedded DMA controller of MPC8245, a
Motorola CPU whose core is MPC603. There is bus_dma.c in
sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc of NetBSD 1.6.2, but it seems that a driver
for DMA controller itself does not exist nowhere.

What I want to know is,

1) Is the DMA controller implemented in NetBSD 1.6.2? or any other
version of NetBSD?

2) If it is, how can I use bus_dma(9) interface for PCI-DMA? Man page
of bus_dma(9) seems incomplete, or rather hard to understand, to me.
Is there any good example that I can study? Or some good documents?

3) If it is not, then what should I do to use the DMA controller in
NetBSD 1.6.2?

Thanks in advance.