Subject: Re: Xen, static global variables and libkvm
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/13/2005 21:28:43
On Thu 13 Oct 2005 at 14:28:42 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> It strikes me as inelegant to have a variable declared static, which
> should mean it is not visible outside the file, and then want to look

Well, technically static linkage means that it is not visible to the
*compiler* outside of the file. If it is visible to a debugger, a kernel
groveler or the demons hiding in our noses is outside the scope of the C
standard. Maybe the ELF standard has something to say about it.

>         Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.