Subject: Re: RFC: patch to change the disk I/O scheduler via dkctl(8)
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/13/2005 08:50:41
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:32:06 +0900
YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp> wrote:

> - please preserve copyright notices.
> - i'd suggest subr_bufq.c.

Moved to subr_bufq.c.

What copyright do I have to put in it? I'm not sure.

> > > - bufq_set_strat seems broken.
> > >   have you read bufq_alloc/free?>
> >
> > I believe this is fixed in my latest patch.
>
> it doesn't seem to be fixed.  have you tested it?

Can you please explain why is it broken? I would like to fix it
but I don't know what's the problem.

I tested it copying large files (>500MB) and it didn't crash (without
softdep). With softdep enabled I get the panic
"softdep_deallocate_dependencies: dangling deps".

I removed completely the struct disk_sched and replaced it with
a pointer to char, is this ok now?

Now only four kernel files are modified:

	* sys/kern/subr_disk.c (bufq_* funcs moved to subr_bufq.c)
	* sys/dkio.h (for the ioctls)
	* sys/conf/files (to add subr_bufq.c)
	* and the driver (in that case wd.c)

http://www.xtrarom.org/bufq_new.diff