Subject: Unlocking an unlocked mutex
To: None <>
From: Vincent <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/12/2005 22:12:16

I am more or less trying to evaluate a new version of the vlc player
(0.8.2). It works fine, except that it generates a lot of errors of this

wxvlc: Error detected by libpthread: Unlocking unlocked mutex.
Detected by file "pthread_mutex.c", line 345, function
"pthread_mutex_unlock". See pthread(3) for information.

I was wondering if unlocking an (already) unlocked mutex *really*
deserves an error, or if it could just be turned into a non-fatal
warning or whatever. Obviously, this is not as critical as trying to
unlock another thread's mutex.