Subject: Re: What parts of the NetBSD-kernel are "closed"?
To: None <,>
From: Ben Harris <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/12/2005 11:37:43
In article <> you write:
>Just out of curiosity: Is ath_hal the only 'sourceless' binary in the

sys/arch/arm/fpe-arm/armfpe.S is the ARM Floating-Point Emulator.  It's not
used by normal NetBSD/arm systems (we do floating-point in userland), but I
think it's needed to run Linux executables.

sys/arch/vax/stand/pcs/pcs750.bin.uue is a file for initialising the
patchable control store on the VAX 11/750.  As I understand it, this
corrects bugs in the CPU microcode.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:>