Subject: Re: wedges and DEV_BSIZE (Was Re: removing VOPs)
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/10/2005 18:09:46
On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 06:46:50PM +0200, Wolfgang Solfrank wrote:

> The problem currently is that with 9660, a file can have multiple extents,
> which can have arbitray lengths, i.e. need not be multiples of the block/
> sector size.  The current vfs interface doesn't allow for that.  Changing
> it to use byte offsets instead would be really useful here.

Are you sure that is allowed to happen?
The media may well constain the FS to 2k sectors, even though the FS itself
allows byte sized extents.

Certainly the low-level format for cdroms has 2k blocks of ecc data within
the 25xx byte audio sector (which itself has some error correction).
So I wouldn't expect byte-sized extents.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk