Subject: Re: compat code restructuring status
To: None <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/07/2005 23:09:21
Izumi Tsutsui pointed me in the direction of this discussion,
after I questioned parts of the restructuring:

> Convert "gen" subdirectory:
>
> . Move setjmp.S sigsetjmp.S _setjmp.S to compat/arch/$ARCH/gen/compat=
_$foo

As far as I understand, _setjmp.S usually contains the definition
of the _setjmp() and _longjmp() functions, which are both first-
class citizens of libc, and that file should therefore not move
to the compat directory, but rather retain or regain its name in
the normal lib/libc/arch/$ARCH/gen/ directory.

Christos has already done the renaming back for at least the i386
port when I pointed this out to him privately -- other ports
should probably follow suit.

Regards,

- H=E5vard