Subject: Re:
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/06/2005 03:41:15
In message <1128590261.974891.5076.nullmailer@yamt.dyndns.org>,
YAMAMOTO Takashi writes:

>> Because I have userland applications which uses splice(2) which I wish
>> to deploy, ABIs, libc stubs, manpages you know the drill.
>
>i'm confused.
>you are going to deploy applications which uses
>unimplemented system calls?

I'd tend to agree with you :-)

Yes, I am already deploying applications based on the posted patch.
Hence my active solicitation for constructive feedback, in order to
regularize syscall (user-kernel) ABIs. Especially as I intend to
go beyond the [cited] prior art, viz, the Floyd/Fall paper.

Ooops -- I see I have another reply. I won't get to it until tomorrow.

regards,
--Jonathan