Subject: Re: Sample splice(2) via kcont(9), work-in-progress towards sendfile()
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/05/2005 11:55:56
In message <20051005181920.GE2421@canolog.ninthwonder.com>,
Allen Briggs writes:

>On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 11:00:11AM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:
>> Anyone object if I and reserve these two ssycall numbers,
>> as UNIMPL for now?
>
>As long as you plan to follow up with implementations within a
>reasonable time, I don't.

Hey, I'm trying :). Look at the dates in the diffs in the tech-net
message.  I hope to commit splice(2) this week-ish.

If I can trust my (dim) memory from about one year ago still, one big
stumbling-block is lack of support for generic softints, primarily on
macppc.  But maybe I'm misrememebering Matt Thomas(?) suggesting we
nuke generic softints, and just replace them with kconts?