Subject: How to enable a PCI device on macppc?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Rui DeSousa <rui@crazybean.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/04/2005 23:49:56
Hi,

I have a FirmTek SeriTek/1V4 SATA controller card which is reporting
back as an Intel 31244 and disabled.    I'm not familiar with how
these flags get set but PCI_FLAGS_IO_ENABLED and
PCI_COMMAND_IO_ENABLE are not being set.  I've used the generic
kernel and also compiled the kernel with the PCIIDE_I31244_ENABLEDMA
option set yielding the same results.  Is there a way to enable the
card in the kernel (macppc) or in Open Firmware?

Here is what I'm getting:

artsata0 at pci2 dev 3 function 0
artsata0: Intel 31244 Serial ATA Controller (rev. 0x00)
artsata0: device disabled (at device)

I changed the return code for pciide_chipen() to see if I could
extract more information on what might be the problem and this is the
output I received:

artsata0 at pci2 dev 3 function 0
artsata0: Intel 31244 Serial ATA Controller (rev. 0x00)
artsata0: device disabled (at device)
artsata0: bus-master DMA support presentpci_mem_find: void region
artsata0: primary channel wired to compatibility mode
artsata0: no compatibility interrupt for use by primary channel
artsata0: secondary channel wired to compatibility mode
artsata0: no compatibility interrupt for use by secondary channel

Thanks,
Rui.