Subject: iwi device stops working
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/02/2005 22:19:55
--nextPart1128464.ILPQqIQMMl

G'day,

My laptop has a iwi device which is extensively used at home. It uses dhcp =
to=20
acquire its IP address and other network related information from a local=20
server. The problem with this device is that it stops working for no appare=
nt=20
reason.  It also seems to be having a smaller range when compared with its=
=20
operation under XP. Since it works under Windows it may be assumed that the=
re=20
is no hardware problem. Has anyone come across this and found a fix? It's a=
=20
rather annoying fault as it requires me to reboot the system for it to come=
=20
up again.

Sysinfo: Dell Inspiron 9300, NetBSD-3.99.8

iwi0 at pci2 dev 3 function 0: Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG Mini-PCI Adapt=
er=20
(rev. 0x05)
iwi0: interrupting at irq 10
iwi0: 802.11 address 00:12:f0:8e:cb:3f
iwi0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
iwi0: 11g rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbp=
s=20
36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps

cheerio Berndt