Subject: Re: Exports list management, take 3
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/21/2005 22:19:44
On 9/18/05, Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > I have the feeling that, after all these changes, we will see a reducti=
on
> > in kernel size (specially when !NFSSERVER), and maybe also in other
> > situations :-)
>
> Do you have any numbers for (say) an INSTALL kernel before & after all of
> your changes? I'd be curious to see them!

Here are some numbers about a GENERIC kernel for the final patch.
The size changes are not impressive, but fortunately, the new kernel
is smaller than before the changes, even with new "features" in it :-)

[dawn adosfs] $ ls -l ~/netbsd-GEN*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 jmmv  users  8458677 Sep 21 22:10 /home/jmmv/netbsd-GENERIC-p=
ost*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 jmmv  users  8459022 Sep 21 21:54 /home/jmmv/netbsd-GENERIC-p=
re*

> Thanks for all the fine work! (Needless to say, I'm not competent to judg=
> on it ;-)

You're welcome!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>