Subject: Re: HEADS UP: tmpfs added
To: None <mason@primenet.com.au>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/14/2005 10:55:43
On 9/14/05, Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au> wrote:
> Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com> typed:
> : I'm pleased to announce that tmpfs, an (efficient) memory file-system,
> : has been added to NetBSD's main source tree.
>=20
> OK, another small problem.  Permissions on the mount point aren't inherit=
ed.
> Is this desired if no -m option is given?  Also, are user/group inherited
> without -u, -g options?

Not at the moment, but it annoyed me when I tried to mount /tmp over
tmpfs and found that the sticky bit was unset.  I think mfs does the
correct thing and inherits ownership and mode, so tmpfs should
probably do the same.  (Just use -g, -u and -m for now.)

--=20
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/