Subject: Re: privacy [was: Re: kern.showallprocs implementation]
To: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/28/2005 16:20:43
--0ntfKIWw70PvrIHh

On 2005.08.28 17:59:14 +0000, Elad Efrat wrote:
| Rui Paulo wrote:
| > On 2005.08.28 05:51:44 +0000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
| > |=20
| > | In context of the whole "privacy" thing, here's something that may be=
=20
| > | worth looking at, for inspiration:
| >=20
| > Yes and for more inspiration see kauth from OSX like Matt pointed me.
|=20
| The proposed code wasn't a complete and well designed privacy system,
| but rather a different temporary solution that will both achieve us
| what ``kern.showallprocs'' was supposed to *and* allow us to extend it
| until we have something better.

I guess everyone now understands that.

| A better help than pointing me to various implementations would be to
| either detail why you recommend that specific implementation, start a
| discussion about our own design, both hopefully together with some
| code. ;)

My email was not supposed to point you out in various implementations.
I guess I should have added "FYI (all):" to that sentence...
I can't speak for Hubert, but I guess we were only pointing out implementat=
ions
that we could basis our design on.

		-- Rui Paulo

--0ntfKIWw70PvrIHh