Subject: privacy [was: Re: kern.showallprocs implementation]
To: Elad Efrat <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/28/2005 05:51:44
In context of the whole "privacy" thing, here's something that may be
worth looking at, for inspiration:

 	solaris10% auths  | tr , '\012' | sort

      The auths command prints on standard output  the  authoriza-
      tions that you or the optionally-specified user or role have
      been granted. Authorizations are rights that are checked  by
      certain  privileged programs to determine whether a user may
      execute restricted functionality.

      profiles(1),  roles(1),  getauthattr(3SECDB),  auth_attr(4),
      policy.conf(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5)

I think it would be nice if we could avoid inventing the wheel (or its
user/system interface). That assumes the Solaris model DTRT for us, which
I'm not implying (I have no idea of all this, only finding my way through
Solaris 10...)

  - Hubert