Subject: Re: Is there any way to change the kernel stack size?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/26/2005 02:13:52
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
Alan Ritter <rittera@cc.wwu.edu> wrote:

> driver functions, as Windows has a larger kernel stack than FreeBSD.
> I think FreeBSD's is 2 pages, but for NDIS they specify 8 to be safe
> when calling kthread_create().  The NetBSD version, kthread_create1(),
> doesn't seem to have a parameter that would allow me to specify the
> stack size, so I'm not sure what to do.

I haven't checked if kthread_create(9) will allow lwp specific stacks to
be the size of the process's, but fork1(9) seems to support an arbitrary
stack size, would be worth it to check if it can initially be used to
set the wanted stack size before calling kthread_create(9), perhaps...

Matt

--
Note: Please only reply on the list, other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking.