Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/kern
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/22/2005 21:24:09
On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 09:36:23PM +0200, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> The correct way to fix that remaining problem is probably to make sure
> the array of group IDs is sorted, and contains no duplicates, each time
> it is changed. The most important (only?) case is probably in the
> setgroups system call; the array that is copied in should be sorted, and
> duplicates removed, before anything else is done with it.

The order of the groups matters if the list has to be truncated for any
reason - when you want a choice over the groups that get discarded.

When I had time, I considered removing the kernel limit on the number
of groups.  This would lead to the NFS code having to truncate the list.

I still have:

$ grep u2100 /etc/group | wc -l
     100
$