Subject: Re: better signal delivery to threads
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Zeljko Vrba <zvrba@globalnet.hr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/22/2005 21:27:06
--------------enigFEB7754C8DA1E094FC7D4F33

Matthias Drochner wrote:

> leftover of another script executed previously, or perhaps
> related to logging) which don't block the signal in question,

IIRC POSIX, this is OK - any thread not blocking the signal can receive it.

> (This might be technically not the fault of NetBSD's libpthread.

hm.. did you try to report this to the Python mailing list? I think it's
more appropriate place. why patch kernel if the SW running on it is broken?

[and I'm pretty, although not 100%, sure that NetBSD is _not_ at fault
here].

> Using threads and signals to processes together is just a bad idea.

indeed :)