Subject: Re: tmpfs: Storing file contents
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/13/2005 00:01:02
On 8/12/05, Bill Studenmund <> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 12:27:56PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > I'm sorry for so many questions, but I'm really lost in this area.
> > I will appreciate any suggestion, pointers to documentation or code,
> > or even detailed explanations of the process I should follow (e.g.,
> > which is the basic idea to store the files, which functions should I
> > look at, etc.)...
> Hope this helps.

Yes it did.  Now that I know that the "have a memory space for each
file and let it be handled automatically" idea is not stupid, I've continue=
investigating in that direction and got something that mostly works (and
much easier than the "block allocation" stuff I was trying before) :)
(I'm not saying it is right, though).

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -