Subject: Re: another anomaly
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Rich Neswold <rich.neswold@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/26/2005 12:51:11
On 7/26/05, Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org> wrote:
> On Jul 26, 2005, at 6:51 AM, Rich Neswold wrote:
>=20
> > I've set vm.filemin to 0 and vm.filemax to 2. 418M is quite a bit
> > above 2% of system memory. In my opinion, NetBSD is way too aggressive
> > in holding file contents.
>=20
> Try tuning up some of the other vm.*{min,max} parameters, too.

I have. I've read the VM tuning webpage and followed the mailing
lists' advice. Since I use this machine for mainly DSL access, it's
not a big problem for me. I just added my experience to the discussion
to illustrate that, even if NetBSD can be properly tuned, it's not
obvious to the casual user.

--=20
Rich

AIM : rnezzy