Subject: Re: netbsd32_mount: one possible solution
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/23/2005 01:15:12
--bAr+fMtvBxbbbkvl

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 02:39:45PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>=20
> On Jul 22, 2005, at 9:23 AM, Quentin Garnier wrote:
>=20
> >Actually, I think the best is simply to add a paramater to vfs_mount.
> >See the attached patch (no, it doesn't list the changes to all the =20
> >other
> >_mount() prototypes).
>=20
> How about packaging it up in a uio to pass around internally?

I might not be understanding the idea correctly, but I don't think the
<fs>_args structure can be mapped into an uio in a reasonable way.

The most evil fs I could find so far is umap.  struct umap_args contains
two pointers to arrays of u_long couples.

Packing it up into a uio would mean sys_mount itself has to know about
how umapfs store they mount data, which kind of defeat the ability
for sys_mount to simply call VFS_MOUNT() for the mounted device and be
done with it.

--=20

--bAr+fMtvBxbbbkvl

--bAr+fMtvBxbbbkvl--