Subject: Re: Code cleanup
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/19/2005 22:57:46
On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:40:14AM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> Currently, main() function in init_main.c is bloated with proc0 initialization.
> The attached patch introduces proc0_init(), which does all the jobs needed to
> set up proc0, and replaces existing proc0_insert() as well. As a result, code
> is cleaner and easier to understand, IMHO.

This does seem to tidy up main() a good bit.  My one concern is if
some of the functions that are happening in main() between parts of
the proc0 initialization depend on at least part of proc0 being
initialized.  In a brief check, that appears to not be an issue,
but I think my tree is a little different from yours.  I don't have
an finit() function call that you do.

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.NetBSD.org/