Subject: Re: Roadmap to compressed vnd(4)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/15/2005 02:13:51
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 07:49:14PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>  * rename vnconfig(8) to vndconfig(8)

I'm inclined to say that there should be a transition period where
vnconfig is a hard link to vndconfig.  I don't run the command by
hand, but it seems that the name change is not strictly necessary,
and I'd hate to break scripts, etc., by removing vnconfig immediately.
At least make a mention of it in a public place (CHANGES or something)
and provide some time (a release cycle?) for the transition.

The rest of the plan looks fine to me.

> FWIW the current code will used on a Live CD that will be available in
> German language in a german magazine in ~2 Months, and an international
> version of the CD will be available for the Systems roadshow in Germany in
> fall.

Cool!

-allen

--