Subject: Re: Obtaining client IP address before accept(2)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Tonnerre <tonnerre@thundrix.ch>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/14/2005 00:40:20
--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

Salut,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 05:12:01PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> That's not the traditional behaviour and it's not what I see in my
> tests.  Whether it's how it should be is debatable; I suspect that
> changing it would break enough code it's a non-starter in practice.

Mmm? I'd suggest that ending a connection is ending a connection, and
shouldn't really harm, since you're ending it anyway. Also, most software
should do a shutdown() before close()ing, and all network software
_must_ expect a Connection Reset condition, since it could happen
for other reasons as well.

				Tonnerre

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--