Subject: types in syscallargs.h
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/10/2005 19:41:15
Hi,

At the moment, source files that include syscallargs.h are required to
include any headers that define types the former uses.

I suggest treating syscallargs.h as a special case and making it
self-contained, in a way that including it alone won't require inclusion
of any other headers.

If a source file requires a header that is already included in
syscallargs.h, it can be included safely in the source file aswell, as
it's (probably, and if not it should be) protected by #ifdef.

I'm aware that there's a policy that for clarity a header does not
include another header, but perhaps this could be made an exception,
as including seemingly unrelated headers in source files doesn't add
to clarity aswell?

Thanks,

-e.

--