Subject: re: namei() for binary emulations
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/06/2005 05:41:31
   On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 05:12:09AM +1000, matthew green wrote:

   > an easier fix would be to use relative links in {/emul/netbsd32,}/usr/lib*.

   Yeah - I thought about providing a script to change absolute paths below
   $1 into relative ones. That way we wouldn't even need to change the
   standard NetBSD distribution - but on second thought this looked like
   a cheap hack to me (whatever that means for this discussion)

i wish that the normal links were relative.  this also affects
trying to use a netbsd /usr/lib for cross compiling.  i have to
specify both $path/lib and $path/usr/lib.

.mrg.