Subject: Re: kernel debug
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/03/2005 20:09:03
Am Sonntag, den 03.07.2005, 19:58 +0200 schrieb Hubert Feyrer:
> On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Jens Gran wrote:
> > Every time when I made changes I have to reboot and then test,
> > it take too much time.
> > More easy was compile kernel and load it with emulator of computer.
>
> Yes, and what is the question?
> Use ddb etc. inside qemu etc. like you would with a real machine.

Erm. I guess the original question was about if its a good
idea to debug inside an emulated computer or use a real machine
for debugging - the latter is more work due the reboots and
the former is similar but not a real machine. So the question
was, what to use. And if emulation, which one is the best
for development.

(My personal impression is it depends on what you develop)