Subject: PCI_INTR_FIXUP on amd64...
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/03/2005 14:17:31
--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

Hi folks,

The world is not an i386, hopefully, therefore the definitions for
PCI_INTR_FIXUP and friends have to move away from files.i386.  That
might seem surprising, but amd64 uses ACPI, too.

Now, I'm wondering about a few things on that issue:

1.  Will ACPI stay x86-specific?  In other words, should the definitions
    move to files.x86 or files.pci?

2.  PCI_*_FIXUP might makes sense on other archs to solve similar issues,
    after all they have a rather generic name.  files.pci, then?

3.  Why bother making it optional?  Does it break things when it has
    nothing to fix?

Also, while I'm here, I think the pchb and pcib devices from i386/pci/
should move to x86/pci:  EM64T computers will need them.

Comments?  Meanwhile I'll do the quick fix and move the definitions to
files.x86.

--=20

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5--