Subject: Re: DRI [was: Re: more summer of code fun]
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tonnerre <tonnerre@thundrix.ch>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/24/2005 23:19:32
--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

Salut,

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 05:16:49PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> > I just wanted to mention that there seem to be patent issues regarding
> > 3D graphics and stuff, so it might become necessary to mark the DRM
> > port non-US (and maybe non-EU after July 6th) and non-Japanese.
>=20
> Do you have any details about this?

As far as I know, Microsoft owns a bunch of patents concerning OpenGL and i=
ts
implementation details, but I can't verify this, because if I knew about it,
I would be obliged to destroy my source code, so I don't have neither the
patent numbers nor the details.

(The patents originate from SGI)

				Tonnerre

--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx